An Afternoon & Early Evening Wedding
Midweek Wedding: Intimate, hassle-free, all inclusive
As a budget friendly alternative to a full day weekend wedding,
we offer couples an easy-to-manage afternoon and early evening celebration on select weekdays.
Our midweek wedding option is an elegant, incredibly beautiful option for couples who want things super easy, free of stress or a long to-do lists.
It’s available on select Mondays and Thursdays (and on an occasional Friday or Sunday), from mid-May till mid-October.
It’s an all-inclusive offer, and we’ll coordinate the wedding from start to finish.
You’ll enjoy some of the best we have to offer, hassle-free!
Midweek Celebration – What it entails
Minimum party size: 20, maximum party size: 80 persons
- The couple, or bride and bridesmaids, arrive at The Captain’s House, the property’s residence, to get ready in two designated rooms, up to two hours before the start of the event, when guests arrive.
- Upon arrival, guests gather at our Hilltop Pavilion for welcome refreshments.
- There’s enough time for some formal photos, shot anywhere on the property (though a photographer is not included in this offer).
- Ceremony follows at the Pine Grove, or, as a rain alternative, at the roofed hill top pavilion, or on the top floor of our carriage barn. There are, of course, no rules: have the wonderful, meaningful ceremony that fits your styles and personalities.
- After the ceremony, drinks and hors d’oeuvres are served at the barn, for 1 ½ hours, by a bartender and servers. Toasts, cocktails, first dance and parent dances, it’s all possible. We’ll arrange music to your liking.
- The Roxbury Barn supplies venue coordination for the event; an ordained officiant (though you are of course free to bring your own wedding person as well); two 4-seater carts with drivers to drive anyone anywhere on the property; a simple yet pretty wedding bouquet and boutonnière; and music, flowers and decor in the barn.
- Setup, coordination, chairs, tables, decor and lighting, flowers and bouquet, speaker system and music, staff, officiant, beautiful restrooms and prep rooms, 4-seater cart with driver, drinks and hors d’oeuvres, glasses, linens, and plates, are all included.
Monday or Thursday: $7,800 base fee + $45 catering & bar fee per person
Sunday, Holiday Mondays & Fridays: $9,800 base fee + $45 catering & bar fee per person
There’s a 20% service charge on the catering & bar fee, and 8% state sales tax for all included services.
Your event can be scheduled anytime between 3pm and 8pm, with a maximum time span of 4 hours from the moment guests start arriving.
Additional à la carte food items, such as a Yakatori station, slider station, or raw bar station, are available upon request. Extend your cocktail & hors d’oeuvres reception at the carriage barn from 1 ½ to 2 ½ hours, at an additional charge. See our downloadable brochure for all add-on and booking details.
Availability: Unlike full day weekend weddings, a Midweek Celebration can usually be booked until closer to the wedding date. For availability, please contact us.
Our Midweek Celebration package is specifically designed to offer couples a compact, hassle-free experience at an all-inclusive low rate, and so typical full day weekend event options, such as decorating and rehearsal time, a sit down dinner, food tastings, a bonfire or luminaries, are not available for an Afternoon Celebration.
Setup of all estate locations, including carriage barn, hill top pavilion and pine grove Coordinated flowers and a simple yet beautiful wedding bouquet Day-of coordination Four-seater cart with driver Bartender and servers Two prep rooms for the wedding couple Arrival at Hilltop Pavilion with mountain vista, with refreshments Ceremony in The Pine Grove, complete with vintage chairs for guest seating Two rain-alternatives for the vows: the pavilion, or the gorgeous top floor of our barn Services of a certified wedding officiant Beautifully landscaped lawns, ponds & gardens A portable PA system with mic & mic stand for your ceremony All tables, chairs & outdoor furniture Use of our pristine, 163 year old Carriage Barn Drinks and hors d’oeuvres after the vows All linens, glasses, plates & silverware Speaker system & mixer in the barn Music preparations with couples preferred playlist Real, beautiful restrooms in the barn Gorgeous lighting, in & outside Wireless internet and phone access Designated on-site parking area All breakdown and cleanup Our Lodging List, with over 150 lodging options in our area.
All photos on this page are by Daryl Getman dagphotog.com